Very Rev. Msgr. Navamoni

Very Rev. Msgr. Navamoni

The First Director of the Congregation (1952-1967)

Msgr. Navamani was the parish priest of Azhagappapuram in the initial days of our Congregation. During this time, Mother Scholastica through Rev. Sr. Margaret (Co-Foundress) requested Msgr. Navamoni to help them to begin a new religious Congregation. Without hesitation, he came forward to help them and got permission from the bishop of Tuticorin the Most Rev. Roch, to begin a new Pious Association. he first community resided in Azhagappapuram. Since then, the parish priest of Azhagappapuram Rev. Msgr. Navamani helped the sisters in many ways and above all, appointed 4 sisters as teachers in the parish school.

As the first director of the Congregation, he has been fondly remembered as the one who journeyed together with the sisters, in their ups and downs during the initial days of the Congregation.

History